Dallas Pastor Dwayne Houston has tires stolen from Detroit church parking lot
July 16, 2012 (DETROIT) (WLS) -- A pastor got a big surprise during a weekend religious revival in Detroit. Someone stole the tires right off his car in a church parking lot.
Pastor Dwayne Houston and his wife traveled from Dallas to attend a revival at a Detroit church. Just 30 minutes into the program, the pastor was told his tires and rims were missing.
The thieves were so brazen they screwed the lug nuts back on the wheels before taking off with the brand new tires.
Churchgoers say this type of theft happens frequently, but it's the first time it has happened to a visitor.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap