Senior citizen shoots would-be robbers at Ocala Internet cafe
July 18, 2012 (OCALA, Fla.) (WLS) -- An elderly man foiled an armed robbery attempt in Florida by pulling out his own gun and shooting the would-be bandits.
A surveillance camera caught 71-year-old Samuel Williams jump out of his seat and head toward the two armed men.
The men were trying to rob an Internet cafe in Ocala.
One suspect was shot in the arm -- the other one in the buttocks and right hip.
Both 19-year-olds were later arrested and taken to a hospital. The men have been charged with armed robbery.
Williams has a license to carry a concealed weapon and does not face any charges.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond 31 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Return Wisely
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos