Senior citizen shoots would-be robbers at Ocala Internet cafe
July 18, 2012 (OCALA, Fla.) (WLS) -- An elderly man foiled an armed robbery attempt in Florida by pulling out his own gun and shooting the would-be bandits.
A surveillance camera caught 71-year-old Samuel Williams jump out of his seat and head toward the two armed men.
The men were trying to rob an Internet cafe in Ocala.
One suspect was shot in the arm -- the other one in the buttocks and right hip.
Both 19-year-olds were later arrested and taken to a hospital. The men have been charged with armed robbery.
Williams has a license to carry a concealed weapon and does not face any charges.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 14 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
55 min ago