Senior citizen shoots would-be robbers at Ocala Internet cafe
July 18, 2012 (OCALA, Fla.) (WLS) -- An elderly man foiled an armed robbery attempt in Florida by pulling out his own gun and shooting the would-be bandits.
A surveillance camera caught 71-year-old Samuel Williams jump out of his seat and head toward the two armed men.
The men were trying to rob an Internet cafe in Ocala.
One suspect was shot in the arm -- the other one in the buttocks and right hip.
Both 19-year-olds were later arrested and taken to a hospital. The men have been charged with armed robbery.
Williams has a license to carry a concealed weapon and does not face any charges.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos