Senior citizen shoots would-be robbers at Ocala Internet cafe
July 18, 2012 (OCALA, Fla.) (WLS) -- An elderly man foiled an armed robbery attempt in Florida by pulling out his own gun and shooting the would-be bandits.
A surveillance camera caught 71-year-old Samuel Williams jump out of his seat and head toward the two armed men.
The men were trying to rob an Internet cafe in Ocala.
One suspect was shot in the arm -- the other one in the buttocks and right hip.
Both 19-year-olds were later arrested and taken to a hospital. The men have been charged with armed robbery.
Williams has a license to carry a concealed weapon and does not face any charges.
- CPS school closings begin 35 min ago
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos