Nun, 82, among protesters who created security breach
Austust 2, 2012 (OAK RIDGE, Tenn.) (WLS) -- A major security breach forces the government to shut down one of its most sensitive nuclear weapons sites Thursday night.
An 82-year-old nun is one of the reasons why.
Sister Megan Rice was among three protesters who broke through millions of dollars worth of security.
The target was the country's largest stockpile of uranium for nuclear bombs in Oak Ridge, Tenn.
They splashed blood on the building.
The government says they were not close to getting inside.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home