Nun, 82, among protesters who created security breach
Austust 2, 2012 (OAK RIDGE, Tenn.) (WLS) -- A major security breach forces the government to shut down one of its most sensitive nuclear weapons sites Thursday night.
An 82-year-old nun is one of the reasons why.
Sister Megan Rice was among three protesters who broke through millions of dollars worth of security.
The target was the country's largest stockpile of uranium for nuclear bombs in Oak Ridge, Tenn.
They splashed blood on the building.
The government says they were not close to getting inside.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus 25 min ago