Nun, 82, among protesters who created security breach
Austust 2, 2012 (OAK RIDGE, Tenn.) (WLS) -- A major security breach forces the government to shut down one of its most sensitive nuclear weapons sites Thursday night.
An 82-year-old nun is one of the reasons why.
Sister Megan Rice was among three protesters who broke through millions of dollars worth of security.
The target was the country's largest stockpile of uranium for nuclear bombs in Oak Ridge, Tenn.
They splashed blood on the building.
The government says they were not close to getting inside.
- Boy Scouts to lift ban on openly gay scouts
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Evanston school takes action after reports of 'sexting'
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Monk accused in Antioch child luring out on bond
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos