Nun, 82, among protesters who created security breach
Austust 2, 2012 (OAK RIDGE, Tenn.) (WLS) -- A major security breach forces the government to shut down one of its most sensitive nuclear weapons sites Thursday night.
An 82-year-old nun is one of the reasons why.
Sister Megan Rice was among three protesters who broke through millions of dollars worth of security.
The target was the country's largest stockpile of uranium for nuclear bombs in Oak Ridge, Tenn.
They splashed blood on the building.
The government says they were not close to getting inside.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 36 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 55 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school 18 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
36 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos