Unspent highway funds to be made available
August 17, 2012 (WLS) -- Help is on the way to fix crumbling roads and bridges across the country as Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood is announcing the Obama administration is making nearly half a billion dollars in unspent highway funds available to states.
They must promise to use the money to create jobs and improve transportation.
The move is part of the president's election-year effort to bypass Congress with programs which the president says will create jobs.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder 46 min ago
- 2nd video released allegedly shows guard push student 9 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 2nd video released allegedly shows guard...
9 min ago