Record number of Twitter posts during Obama Democratic National Convention speech
September 7, 2012 (CHARLOTTE, N.C.) (WLS) -- President Barack Obama's nomination acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention Thursday night produced a record number of Twitter posts.
Twitter's blog reports there were nearly 53,000 tweets per minute reacting to the speech just after it was delivered.
There is no breakdown as to whether that reaction was mostly positive or negative.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913