Record number of Twitter posts during Obama Democratic National Convention speech
September 7, 2012 (CHARLOTTE, N.C.) (WLS) -- President Barack Obama's nomination acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention Thursday night produced a record number of Twitter posts.
Twitter's blog reports there were nearly 53,000 tweets per minute reacting to the speech just after it was delivered.
There is no breakdown as to whether that reaction was mostly positive or negative.
- 5 kids shot in Greater Grand Crossing drive-by 10 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout