American Airlines workers bracing for layoffs
September 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some American Airlines employees are bracing for possible layoffs as a part of the company's bankruptcy restructuring.
Eleven-thousand members of the Transport Workers Union received notices that their jobs may be in jeopardy. An American Airlines spokesperson says fewer than 40 percent of those workers are expected to be laid off.
About 1,300 Transport Union workers are based out of O'Hare Airport, but it is not clear how the workers at O'Hare will be affected.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney