American Airlines workers bracing for layoffs
September 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some American Airlines employees are bracing for possible layoffs as a part of the company's bankruptcy restructuring.
Eleven-thousand members of the Transport Workers Union received notices that their jobs may be in jeopardy. An American Airlines spokesperson says fewer than 40 percent of those workers are expected to be laid off.
About 1,300 Transport Union workers are based out of O'Hare Airport, but it is not clear how the workers at O'Hare will be affected.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 8 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say 28 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
8 min ago