American Airlines workers bracing for layoffs
September 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some American Airlines employees are bracing for possible layoffs as a part of the company's bankruptcy restructuring.
Eleven-thousand members of the Transport Workers Union received notices that their jobs may be in jeopardy. An American Airlines spokesperson says fewer than 40 percent of those workers are expected to be laid off.
About 1,300 Transport Union workers are based out of O'Hare Airport, but it is not clear how the workers at O'Hare will be affected.
- CPS adds 3 schools to turnaround list 10 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Vets raise money to build WWII submarine memorial 25 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- BNSF Metra trains moving again after semi crash at Kedzie 38 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos