Nevada officials find $7M in gold in dead man's house
September 18, 2012 (CARSON CITY, Nev.) (WLS) -- Nevada officials struck gold - literally- while cleaning out the home of a man who had passed away.
Authorities in Carson City found more than $7 million worth of gold and coins in a man's house even though he only had $200 in his bank account.
Walter Samaszko Junior had been dead for at least a month before neighbors called the police.
Samazsko's neighbors say that he wasn't a shut-in, but that they didn't know much about him either.
Samaszko didn't leave a will and officials have had a hard time tracking his relatives down. He was originally from Chicago, but moved to Nevada in the 60s with his mother.
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting 42 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season 23 min ago
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 51 min ago
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
51 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel...
23 min ago