Nevada officials find $7M in gold in dead man's house
September 18, 2012 (CARSON CITY, Nev.) (WLS) -- Nevada officials struck gold - literally- while cleaning out the home of a man who had passed away.
Authorities in Carson City found more than $7 million worth of gold and coins in a man's house even though he only had $200 in his bank account.
Walter Samaszko Junior had been dead for at least a month before neighbors called the police.
Samazsko's neighbors say that he wasn't a shut-in, but that they didn't know much about him either.
Samaszko didn't leave a will and officials have had a hard time tracking his relatives down. He was originally from Chicago, but moved to Nevada in the 60s with his mother.
- Video: Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick's Day
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 47 min ago
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million 32 min ago
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...