Nevada officials find $7M in gold in dead man's house
September 18, 2012 (CARSON CITY, Nev.) (WLS) -- Nevada officials struck gold - literally- while cleaning out the home of a man who had passed away.
Authorities in Carson City found more than $7 million worth of gold and coins in a man's house even though he only had $200 in his bank account.
Walter Samaszko Junior had been dead for at least a month before neighbors called the police.
Samazsko's neighbors say that he wasn't a shut-in, but that they didn't know much about him either.
Samaszko didn't leave a will and officials have had a hard time tracking his relatives down. He was originally from Chicago, but moved to Nevada in the 60s with his mother.
- Refinery fire after possible explosion 15 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees 28 min ago
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy
- ABC7 To Go 12-13-13
37 min ago
- 7 in :77