Nevada officials find $7M in gold in dead man's house
September 18, 2012 (CARSON CITY, Nev.) (WLS) -- Nevada officials struck gold - literally- while cleaning out the home of a man who had passed away.
Authorities in Carson City found more than $7 million worth of gold and coins in a man's house even though he only had $200 in his bank account.
Walter Samaszko Junior had been dead for at least a month before neighbors called the police.
Samazsko's neighbors say that he wasn't a shut-in, but that they didn't know much about him either.
Samaszko didn't leave a will and officials have had a hard time tracking his relatives down. He was originally from Chicago, but moved to Nevada in the 60s with his mother.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 50 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 53 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 40 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 40 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison 54 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 30 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 9 min ago
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former... 3 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
5 min ago
- Chicago street repaving begins
31 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos