iPhone 5 release date Friday; lines start Thursday
September 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Apple's next iPhone is coming out Friday, and people were already lining up outside Apple stores around the country Thursday morning.
- PHOTOS: Line forms outside Chicago Apple store
- PHOTOS: iPhone 5 unveiled in San Francisco
- VIDEO: Consumer Reports reviews iPhone 5
The iPhone 5 does not officially go on sale until the doors open at 8 a.m. Friday.
Gregory Gordon is an expert at waiting in long lines for the latest version of the iPhone. He brought his friends overnight to just wait. This year, he is looking to turn his patience into a profit. For a price, he will sell you the second spot in line. In other words, he will wait so you do not have to.
"And if I get the right offer, I am definitely willing to sell my spot," he said.
One woman took it one step further. She preordered the iPhone 5. Any offer she gets for her spot in line is a profit.
"I am not really waiting for anything," she said.
So what does a spot in the line currently go for? Offers range between $200 and $500.
national/world, diane pathieu
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car 30 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos