Madoff victims will get $2.5 billion of stolen funds
September 20, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Victims of Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme got some good news Thursday.
A court-appointed trustee said they will receive another $2.5 billion of their stolen funds.
A trustee explains, more than 1,000 investors have been fully reimbursed, but more than 1,000 are still waiting to receive all of their stolen funds.
Madoff pleaded guilty to fraud and is currently serving a 150-year sentence in prison.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 9 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 45 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 15 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 39 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital 2 min ago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
9 min ago