Madoff victims will get $2.5 billion of stolen funds
September 20, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Victims of Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme got some good news Thursday.
A court-appointed trustee said they will receive another $2.5 billion of their stolen funds.
A trustee explains, more than 1,000 investors have been fully reimbursed, but more than 1,000 are still waiting to receive all of their stolen funds.
Madoff pleaded guilty to fraud and is currently serving a 150-year sentence in prison.
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side 33 min ago
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday 34 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected...
34 min ago
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
33 min ago