Robin Roberts releases Be the Match PSA
September 27, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Robin Roberts asks, ''If you had the power to save a life, would you?'' in a public service announcement released one week after she had a bone marrow transplant.
Related: Photos of Robin Roberts | Robin Roberts enters hospital for bone marrow transplant | Lucimarian Roberts, Robin Roberts' mother, dies | Robin Roberts GMA leave starts Thurs. due to mom's illness | GMA host Robin Roberts has MDS | What is MDS?
Roberts' sister, Sally-Ann, was the donor.
Before the surgery, Roberts taped a public service announcement for Be the Match, BeTheMatch.org, a nonprofit organization that provides a registry for those willing to donate bone marrow and umbilical cord blood to those in need of transplants. Be the Match connects donors with patients, educates health care professionals and performs bone marrow research.
Roberts underwent the transplant after being diagnosed with MDS, a rare blood disorder. She's been on medical leave from ABC's Good Morning America since the end of August, and is recovering.
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park 52 min ago
- Food additive believed to be substance at Dunes beach 2 min ago
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app 4 min ago
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Might you be overpaying for smartphone data? 16 min ago
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- UofC biochem student missing 6 days
- Report: Special session on pension to cost $40K a day
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured 27 min ago
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
4 min ago
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment,...
27 min ago
- Might you be overpaying for smartphone data?
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos