Obamas' anniversary Wednesday -- married 20 years
October 3, 2012 (WLS) -- No date, just debate: Wednesday is the 20th wedding anniversary of President and Mrs. Obama.Most couples enjoy a nice candlelit dinner and quiet chat about old times on their wedding anniversary. But President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle will spend tonight under the hot lights of a venue lit for TV - and watching the president do verbal battle with his Republican opponent for the White House.
"Go figure," the first lady said in a recent television interview.
Because of the first presidential debate Wednesday night, they plan to celebrate Saturday.
The president will share the stage with Mitt Romney, rather than the first lady, at 8 p.m. Central. But at least she'll be close by in the audience.
Obama's campaign is also asking supporters to sign an electronic anniversary card for the first couple.
- 4 of 54 schools to be saved in CPS closings vote 9 min ago
- Man linked to Boston bomber shot, killed by FBI 35 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help 17 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit 7 min ago
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer 1 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 7 in :77
38 min ago
- 4 of 54 schools to be saved in CPS closings...
9 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
17 min ago