Police: Man pushed two women from moving car on Houston freeway
October 12, 2012 (HOUSTON) -- The manhunt is on for the person who pushed two women from a moving car, killing one of them and seriously injuring the other. The circumstances leading to the brutal attacks remain unknown.
The first woman was found along the Katy Freeway at Westgreen. The body of the second woman was found near Grand Parkway. Officers found the suspect's abandoned car further down the road in Brookshire, but they're still looking for the man witnesses say was going more than 100 miles per hour when he shoved the two women out.
It happened last night on the Katy Freeway. According to police, the man shot one of his female passengers and pushed her out onto the road at the Katy Freeway and Westgreen. That woman is at Memorial Hermann Hospital, but there has been no update on her condition.
Police say the man kept driving and pushed the second woman out of the vehicle at the Katy Freeway and the Grand Parkway. Her body was so mangled when police arrived they couldn't tell if she had been shot before she was pushed out.
Witnesses tell us the suspect sped off.
"This guy flew past us, probably 100, 105 miles per hour at least. I saw him hit the side of this 18-wheeler that's on the side in front of us and skidded off the road and ended up in the ditch right here and the guy that was driving it got out and started running," said witness Daniel Bachrach.
Another witness, Jose Pedraza, told us, "The car was all shattered and there seemed to be blood on the seats."
The investigation continues. Houston police have not identified the suspect or the victims.
The Katy Freeway westbound lanes at Highway 99 were closed down for hours overnight due to the investigation. They reopened around 5:30am.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 28 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 38 min ago
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77