Big retailers hiring seasonal help
October 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Online retail giant Amazon is one employer posting help wanted signs ahead of the 2012 holiday season.
The company is hiring 50,000 workers for the holiday season and many temporary positions could turn into full-time. Amazon currently employs 20,000 people at 40 "fulfillment centers." That is where the seasonal employees will be placed. (amazon.com/gp/jobs)
Also looking for seasonal help is Macy's. That department store plans to hire 80,000 extra workers. (macysjobs.com)
Wal-Mart plans to add 50,000 temporary employees for the holidays. (careers.walmart.com)
And, Toys R Us is set to hire 45,000 seasonal workers this year. (toysrusinc.com/careers)
national/world, alan krashesky
- Video: Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick's Day
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 43 min ago
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million 28 min ago
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...