On first solo landing, pilot clips SUV roof
November 5, 2012 (WLS) -- A plane in north Texas of clipped a vehicle while landing at an airport.
The small plane scrunched the roof of a passing SUV as it approached the runway. The pilot's wife was videotaping his first solo landing.
Airport management says they usually stop traffic for incoming airplanes, and the road has "stop for aircraft" signs posted. But the driver never saw the plane or the stop signs.
No one was injured. But the incident shook up the pilot. He has decided he no longer wants to fly.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 14 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 57 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD