Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight predicts all 50 states in 2012 Election
November 8, 2012 (WLS) -- Polling data guru Nate Silver was one of the winners in the 2012 presidential election.
While many said the race was too close to call, Silver called all 50 states correctly in Tuesday night's vote.
That sent sales of his book, "The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail - but Some Don't," up 850 percent on Amazon.com.
Silver runs the fivethirtyeight.com blog for the New York Times.
He also predicted 49 of the the 50 states' outcomes in the 2008, all except Indiana.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD