Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight predicts all 50 states in 2012 Election
November 8, 2012 (WLS) -- Polling data guru Nate Silver was one of the winners in the 2012 presidential election.
While many said the race was too close to call, Silver called all 50 states correctly in Tuesday night's vote.
That sent sales of his book, "The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail - but Some Don't," up 850 percent on Amazon.com.
Silver runs the fivethirtyeight.com blog for the New York Times.
He also predicted 49 of the the 50 states' outcomes in the 2008, all except Indiana.
- Red Line Reconstruction Project sees 1st rush hour test
- School closings march planned to protest CPS consolidations 58 min ago
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster 55 min ago
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls 24 min ago
- Desiree Rogers named chair of Chicago tourism board 13 min ago
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave 51 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- 7 in :77
- School closings march planned to protest...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos