Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight predicts all 50 states in 2012 Election
November 8, 2012 (WLS) -- Polling data guru Nate Silver was one of the winners in the 2012 presidential election.
While many said the race was too close to call, Silver called all 50 states correctly in Tuesday night's vote.
That sent sales of his book, "The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail - but Some Don't," up 850 percent on Amazon.com.
Silver runs the fivethirtyeight.com blog for the New York Times.
He also predicted 49 of the the 50 states' outcomes in the 2008, all except Indiana.
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr. 55 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos