Bob Dole, 89, hospitalized at Walter Reed Hospital
November 27, 2012 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- Former Senator Bob Dole, 89, is hospitalized, but expected to be discharged on Wednesday, according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
Reid spoke on the Senate floor Tuesday. He said Dole had a routine procedure, but it was "not for a checkup."
"He is sick," Reid said.
Dole has been fighting a leg infection since 2009. A World War II injury left his right arm disabled and his left arm partially disabled.
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 2 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 34 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged 13 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos