Bob Dole, 89, hospitalized at Walter Reed Hospital
November 27, 2012 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- Former Senator Bob Dole, 89, is hospitalized, but expected to be discharged on Wednesday, according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.
Reid spoke on the Senate floor Tuesday. He said Dole had a routine procedure, but it was "not for a checkup."
"He is sick," Reid said.
Dole has been fighting a leg infection since 2009. A World War II injury left his right arm disabled and his left arm partially disabled.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 29 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained 19 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
29 min ago