Closing Iowa Hostess plant donating to local food bank
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
November 30, 2012 (WATERLOO, Iowa) (WLS) -- A Hostess plant that is closing is donating some of its product to help those in need.
- PHOTOS: Hostess fans stock up on Twinkies, HoHos
- LINK: Hostess fans scoop up snacks
- DOWNLOAD: Hostess Liquidation filing
The factory in Waterloo, Iowa, is going out of business as part of the company's liquidation. The leftover bread and treats are being donated to a local food bank.
Meanwhile, a special job fair was held today in Waterloo to help those hostess workers who are losing their jobs.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 5 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap