Closing Iowa Hostess plant donating to local food bank
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
November 30, 2012 (WATERLOO, Iowa) (WLS) -- A Hostess plant that is closing is donating some of its product to help those in need.
- PHOTOS: Hostess fans stock up on Twinkies, HoHos
- LINK: Hostess fans scoop up snacks
- DOWNLOAD: Hostess Liquidation filing
The factory in Waterloo, Iowa, is going out of business as part of the company's liquidation. The leftover bread and treats are being donated to a local food bank.
Meanwhile, a special job fair was held today in Waterloo to help those hostess workers who are losing their jobs.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence 53 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake