Report: Syria has loaded components of sarin gas into bombs
December 5, 2012 (WLS) -- A U.S. official confirmed to ABC News Wednesday night that Syria has loaded components of sarin gas into bombs on or near airfields.
With a civil war raging in the Middle Eastern nation, the fear is that the country's dictator Bashar Assad could use the nerve agent or other chemical weapons against his people.
ABC News reported that there has been no movement towards using the bombs.
The U.S. and the United Nations have warned of huge consequences if Assad does.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...