Report: Syria has loaded components of sarin gas into bombs
December 5, 2012 (WLS) -- A U.S. official confirmed to ABC News Wednesday night that Syria has loaded components of sarin gas into bombs on or near airfields.
With a civil war raging in the Middle Eastern nation, the fear is that the country's dictator Bashar Assad could use the nerve agent or other chemical weapons against his people.
ABC News reported that there has been no movement towards using the bombs.
The U.S. and the United Nations have warned of huge consequences if Assad does.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
24 min ago