Report: Syria has loaded components of sarin gas into bombs
December 5, 2012 (WLS) -- A U.S. official confirmed to ABC News Wednesday night that Syria has loaded components of sarin gas into bombs on or near airfields.
With a civil war raging in the Middle Eastern nation, the fear is that the country's dictator Bashar Assad could use the nerve agent or other chemical weapons against his people.
ABC News reported that there has been no movement towards using the bombs.
The U.S. and the United Nations have warned of huge consequences if Assad does.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 14 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 292 missing, at least 3 dead 34 min ago
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later 51 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 23 min ago
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 1 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand