Baby mix-up: Mom nurses wrong infant at Minneapolis hospital
December 7, 2012 (MINNEAPOLIS) (WLS) -- A new mom was handed the wrong baby to nurse at a Minneapolis hospital.
Tammy Van Dyke gave birth to her son, Cody, on Monday. On Wednesday, he was taken to another woman for nursing.
The other woman, who had twins, was feeding the child when she noticed something was wrong and checked his ankle bracelet to find it wasn't her child.
"When they brought Cody in she had thought to herself that it didn't look exactly like her other baby. But her husband reassured her, and she proceeded to breast feed. And it just didn't feel right and she looked down at his tag, and it had the wrong name," Van Dyke said.
Cody will have to have tests every three months until he is one because of the mix-up.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 20 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty 57 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 7 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 10 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 30 min ago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
57 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
3 min ago