Man shot and killed in drive-by shooting near Central Park
December 10, 2012 (NEW YORK) -- Police are looking for the gunman who shot a man in the head at 58th Street and Broadway in Midtown Manhattan on Monday afternoon.
The shooting happened right across from the Engine 23 firehouse just before 2:00 p.m.
The victim, a 31-year-old man, was taken from the scene in critical condition after firefighters performed CPR. He was pronounced dead at nearby St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital.
Authorities said the suspect, a man, was wearing a brown hoodie sweatshirt. He fled in a grey vehicle, possibly a Lincoln MKZ.
The motive is not immediately known.
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 19 min ago
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Milwaukee District West Metra trains stopped on tracks 50 min ago
- 'Sopranos' star James Gandolfini dead at 51 in Italy 3 min ago
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- Blackhawks fans show support with lawns, office decor
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Alex Spourdalakis mom, godmother take 5th in court
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures...
19 min ago