Man shot and killed in drive-by shooting near Central Park
December 10, 2012 (NEW YORK) -- Police are looking for the gunman who shot a man in the head at 58th Street and Broadway in Midtown Manhattan on Monday afternoon.
The shooting happened right across from the Engine 23 firehouse just before 2:00 p.m.
The victim, a 31-year-old man, was taken from the scene in critical condition after firefighters performed CPR. He was pronounced dead at nearby St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital.
Authorities said the suspect, a man, was wearing a brown hoodie sweatshirt. He fled in a grey vehicle, possibly a Lincoln MKZ.
The motive is not immediately known.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train 42 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case