Man shot and killed in drive-by shooting near Central Park
December 10, 2012 (NEW YORK) -- Police are looking for the gunman who shot a man in the head at 58th Street and Broadway in Midtown Manhattan on Monday afternoon.
The shooting happened right across from the Engine 23 firehouse just before 2:00 p.m.
The victim, a 31-year-old man, was taken from the scene in critical condition after firefighters performed CPR. He was pronounced dead at nearby St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital.
Authorities said the suspect, a man, was wearing a brown hoodie sweatshirt. He fled in a grey vehicle, possibly a Lincoln MKZ.
The motive is not immediately known.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 14 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 9 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra delays after man hit by train on NW Side 57 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 48 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago 49 min ago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 35 min ago
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park...
14 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
9 min ago