Creature stirs at First Lady's Christmas reading
December 25, 2012 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- First Lady Michelle Obama read "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" to patients at the Children's National Medical Center in Washington, and a creature was stirring.
The creature turned out to be the Obama family dog, Bo.
The Portuguese water dog jumped on the First Lady's lap during the reading and made himself at home.
The White House says visiting patients at the children's hospital is a First Lady holiday tradition dating back to the 1950s.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold 11 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- 7 in 77
9 min ago