Miss America contestants converge in Las Vegas
January 6, 2013 (LAS VEGAS) (WLS) -- The women vying for the title of Miss America 2013 have converged on Las Vegas.
There are 53 contestants; one from each state, plus representatives from the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
They will be judged in several categories including swimsuit, evening gown, talent, and the all-important interview.
Miss Illinois is Megan Ervin of Quincy.
This is the 23-year-old's first time in Vegas.
"This is insane," she said. "The energy out here is just electrifying. So, safe to say I'll be back."
Go behind the scenes and meet all 53 women, every night this week in the special series "Miss America: Secrets Revealed" only on the Live Well Network. You can watch it at 7 p.m. on digital channel 7.2 over the air and on Comcast wide open west channels and RCN channels.
Then watch the next Miss America be crowned live on ABC7 this Saturday, beginning at 8 p.m.
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home 7 min ago
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- Mega Millions jackpot up to $291 million 52 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ventra progress report shows major improvement
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Meningitis at other universities puts NU on alert
- Chicago Dearborn bike lane rated best in America
- Official shaves 40-year-old mustache for cancer awareness
- Cyber Safety Tips During the Holidays
- Chicago boasts nation's best doughnut in web ranking
- SW Side teen recants story about alley sex assault
- William Cellini to be released from prison
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- 7 in :77
- Officials try to ID body near missing...
7 min ago