Miss America contestants converge in Las Vegas
January 6, 2013 (LAS VEGAS) (WLS) -- The women vying for the title of Miss America 2013 have converged on Las Vegas.
There are 53 contestants; one from each state, plus representatives from the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
They will be judged in several categories including swimsuit, evening gown, talent, and the all-important interview.
Miss Illinois is Megan Ervin of Quincy.
This is the 23-year-old's first time in Vegas.
"This is insane," she said. "The energy out here is just electrifying. So, safe to say I'll be back."
Go behind the scenes and meet all 53 women, every night this week in the special series "Miss America: Secrets Revealed" only on the Live Well Network. You can watch it at 7 p.m. on digital channel 7.2 over the air and on Comcast wide open west channels and RCN channels.
Then watch the next Miss America be crowned live on ABC7 this Saturday, beginning at 8 p.m.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 38 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
14 min ago