Richard Nixon's 100th birthday celebrated
January 6, 2013 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- In California, celebrations are underway for what would have been the 100th birthday of former President Richard Nixon.
At his library in southern California Nixon's daughter Tricia Cox laid flowers at the graves of both her parents.
Nixon was the nation's 37th president.
He opened American relations with China.
Nixon was also the only president to resign the office.
That happened after the Watergate scandal.
Nixon would have turned 100 this week.
He died in 1994 at the age of 81.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...