Richard Nixon's 100th birthday celebrated
January 6, 2013 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- In California, celebrations are underway for what would have been the 100th birthday of former President Richard Nixon.
At his library in southern California Nixon's daughter Tricia Cox laid flowers at the graves of both her parents.
Nixon was the nation's 37th president.
He opened American relations with China.
Nixon was also the only president to resign the office.
That happened after the Watergate scandal.
Nixon would have turned 100 this week.
He died in 1994 at the age of 81.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced 19 min ago
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 22 min ago
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
22 min ago
- CTA Red Line work to begin early Sunday...
43 min ago