Richard Nixon's 100th birthday celebrated
January 6, 2013 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- In California, celebrations are underway for what would have been the 100th birthday of former President Richard Nixon.
At his library in southern California Nixon's daughter Tricia Cox laid flowers at the graves of both her parents.
Nixon was the nation's 37th president.
He opened American relations with China.
Nixon was also the only president to resign the office.
That happened after the Watergate scandal.
Nixon would have turned 100 this week.
He died in 1994 at the age of 81.
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area