Escalator changes directions, speeds up at train station
January 8, 2012 (WLS) -- Commuters were left scrambling for safety after an escalator went haywire at a Jersey City, New Jersey train station.
Cell phone video shows the up escalator suddenly changed directions, sending commuters back down. Some people tried to jump off while others moved their feet faster as the escalator picked up speed.
Five people suffered minor injuries.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates