Obama daughters- Malia, Sasha- pretty in pink, purple at 2013 Inauguration
January 21, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- ''I did it,'' a smiling Barack Obama told his daughter, Sasha, after being sworn in for his second term as president of the United States of America
Sasha and her older sister, Malia, were standing next to their mother, first lady Michelle Obama. She held the bible as the president recited the oath of office on January 21, 2013.
The girls, now 14- and 11-years old, have grown up in the public eye since their father's first presidential inauguration in 2009, when the family left their Chicago home for the White House.
At the 2013 inauguration ceremony, the girls appeared poised and comfortable in the spotlight; Malia is now nearly as tall as her mother, and both girls appear to have their mother's fashion sense.
Michelle Obama wore a navy Thom Browne coat and dress to the 2013 inauguration. Her belt, shoes and gloves were J.Crew and her jewelry is designed by Cathy Waterman.
Malia also wore J. Crew, while Sasha wore a Kate Spade coat and dress.
At the end of the Inaugural festivities, the first lady's outfit and accompanying accessories will go to the National Archives.
In November, Pres. Obama spoke about raising teenagers in the White House.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand