Obama daughters- Malia, Sasha- pretty in pink, purple at 2013 Inauguration
January 21, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- ''I did it,'' a smiling Barack Obama told his daughter, Sasha, after being sworn in for his second term as president of the United States of America
Sasha and her older sister, Malia, were standing next to their mother, first lady Michelle Obama. She held the bible as the president recited the oath of office on January 21, 2013.
The girls, now 14- and 11-years old, have grown up in the public eye since their father's first presidential inauguration in 2009, when the family left their Chicago home for the White House.
At the 2013 inauguration ceremony, the girls appeared poised and comfortable in the spotlight; Malia is now nearly as tall as her mother, and both girls appear to have their mother's fashion sense.
Michelle Obama wore a navy Thom Browne coat and dress to the 2013 inauguration. Her belt, shoes and gloves were J.Crew and her jewelry is designed by Cathy Waterman.
Malia also wore J. Crew, while Sasha wore a Kate Spade coat and dress.
At the end of the Inaugural festivities, the first lady's outfit and accompanying accessories will go to the National Archives.
In November, Pres. Obama spoke about raising teenagers in the White House.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 1 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 27 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 To Go: 3-7-14
39 min ago