Westminster dog poisoned, trainer says | Cruz, 3, a Samoyed dies
Cruz, a 3-year-old Samoyed that competed at the Westminster Dog Show , has died.
His trainer Robert Chaffin says Cruz was poisoned, and may have been the victim of a radical animal rights activist.
Chaffin told The New York Times a stranger made a menacing remark at the Westminster Dog Show.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and other animal rights groups have protested the dog shows, but said they don't sanction anything like this.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 23 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night 41 min ago
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing 1 min ago
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed 32 min ago
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- UCP Seguin 1 year after merger
16 min ago
- Earth Day Family Fun: Dirt dessert recipe
19 min ago