Westminster dog poisoned, trainer says | Cruz, 3, a Samoyed dies
Cruz, a 3-year-old Samoyed that competed at the Westminster Dog Show , has died.
His trainer Robert Chaffin says Cruz was poisoned, and may have been the victim of a radical animal rights activist.
Chaffin told The New York Times a stranger made a menacing remark at the Westminster Dog Show.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and other animal rights groups have protested the dog shows, but said they don't sanction anything like this.
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way 25 min ago
- Chicago memorials honor Nelson Mandela 3 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns 31 min ago
- Sex assault trial begins without defendant, 85 26 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Bobby Rush returning to Congress from leave of absence
- 7 in :77
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way
25 min ago