Westminster dog poisoned, trainer says | Cruz, 3, a Samoyed dies
Cruz, a 3-year-old Samoyed that competed at the Westminster Dog Show , has died.
His trainer Robert Chaffin says Cruz was poisoned, and may have been the victim of a radical animal rights activist.
Chaffin told The New York Times a stranger made a menacing remark at the Westminster Dog Show.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and other animal rights groups have protested the dog shows, but said they don't sanction anything like this.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation