Donald Trump offers to pay for White House tours
March 11, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- Donald Trump has offered to foot the bill for public tours of the White House for the rest of the fiscal year.
- RELATED PHOTOS: Sasha and Malia Obama's life in the White House
The popular tours have been canceled through September 30 because of forced federal spending cuts that went into effect on March 1.
Those cuts will save about $74,000 a week spent on U.S. Secret Service staff.
So far, the White House has not commented on Trump's offer.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 24 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives 49 min ago
- Go offline for National Day of Unplugging 39 min ago