Donald Trump offers to pay for White House tours
March 11, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- Donald Trump has offered to foot the bill for public tours of the White House for the rest of the fiscal year.
- RELATED PHOTOS: Sasha and Malia Obama's life in the White House
The popular tours have been canceled through September 30 because of forced federal spending cuts that went into effect on March 1.
Those cuts will save about $74,000 a week spent on U.S. Secret Service staff.
So far, the White House has not commented on Trump's offer.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 9 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice 9 min ago
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 22 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
9 min ago