Donald Trump offers to pay for White House tours
March 11, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- Donald Trump has offered to foot the bill for public tours of the White House for the rest of the fiscal year.
- RELATED PHOTOS: Sasha and Malia Obama's life in the White House
The popular tours have been canceled through September 30 because of forced federal spending cuts that went into effect on March 1.
Those cuts will save about $74,000 a week spent on U.S. Secret Service staff.
So far, the White House has not commented on Trump's offer.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos