River foam death: Rescuers who saved boy trapped on Big Sioux River
March 15 2013 (BIG SIOUX, South Dakota) (WLS) -- Two men were trapped by river foam in the Big Sioux River after saving a 6-year-old boy who fell into the water.
The Big Sioux River is covered with foam because the churning ice particles mixed with chemicals in the water. Witnesses tell ksfy.com the boy was looking at the river when he slipped and fell in around 6 p.m. Thursday.
Two men grabbed the boy, but then disappeared under the foam. Sioux Falls, South Dakota police searched the river for the men overnight, but they are believed to be trapped in the foam.
"We had him, though we had him. There were three of us that had him and he had a kid, the kid, he had the kid with him, but he just slipped, man, he just slipped," Napolean Ducheneaus, witness, said.
The men are presumed dead, according to published reports.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD