River foam death: Rescuers who saved boy trapped on Big Sioux River
March 15 2013 (BIG SIOUX, South Dakota) (WLS) -- Two men were trapped by river foam in the Big Sioux River after saving a 6-year-old boy who fell into the water.
The Big Sioux River is covered with foam because the churning ice particles mixed with chemicals in the water. Witnesses tell ksfy.com the boy was looking at the river when he slipped and fell in around 6 p.m. Thursday.
Two men grabbed the boy, but then disappeared under the foam. Sioux Falls, South Dakota police searched the river for the men overnight, but they are believed to be trapped in the foam.
"We had him, though we had him. There were three of us that had him and he had a kid, the kid, he had the kid with him, but he just slipped, man, he just slipped," Napolean Ducheneaus, witness, said.
The men are presumed dead, according to published reports.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos