11-year-old pregnant after alleged repeated sex assaults
March 21, 2013 (HOUSTON) -- A man is accused of sexual abuse that led to an 11-year-old girl becoming pregnant, and the child is about to give birth.
Deandre Devon Davis-Williams, 21, is in jail, accused of sexually abusing and impregnating an 11-year-old little girl.
"It's definitely one of the more heinous crimes we've seen," said Sara Marie Kinney with the Harris County District Attorney's Office.
Investigators say Davis-Williams had a routine of sneaking into the child's home when her mom went to work and would allegedly force himself on her.
"It was about a year that this abuse was occurring continuously, very often," Kinney said.
The child told police Davis-Williams would enter her apartment's back door almost every day when no one was home. She says the man would ignore her pleas to stop. Investigators say the child only told her mother about the assault when her school called home suspicious the girl was pregnant. That was just two months ago, and the little girl was already seven months pregnant.
"This case will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Kinney said.
Investigators say Davis-Williams tried contacting the girl by text, asking why she told on him and allegedly said he was going to kill himself. He's charged with continuous sexual assault of a child and being held on a $50,000 bond.
national/world, demond fernandez
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77