Sunil Tripathi family awaits word on body found in lake near Brown University
April 24, 2013 (PROVIDENCE, R.I.) (WLS) -- Sunil Tripathi disappeared in March, and forensic officials are now working to determine whether a body found in a lake is that of the missing Brown University student.
The Rhode Island medical examiner's office is trying to determine whether a body found in Providence is that of the missing Brown University student.
City police say members of the Brown crew team found the body Tuesday afternoon in waters off a city park. Authorities say the man appeared to be in his 20s. They say it's possible he may be 22-year-old Sunil Tripathi, who disappeared in March.
Relatives of the Bryn Mawr, Pa., man have been searching for him. Both the FBI and Brown students have helped.
Tripathi's family says he was on leave from the Ivy League school and living with classmates in Providence.
The medical examiner's office is planning an autopsy for Wednesday, but a spokeswoman says she's unsure whether an identity will be immediately confirmed.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits