Sunil Tripathi body found in lake, medical examiner confirms in missing Brown University student case
April 25, 2013 (PROVIDENCE, R.I.) (WLS) -- Sunil Tripathi's body was pulled from a lake near Brown University, according to the medical examiner.
The missing Brown student disappeared in March. His body was discovered by the Brown crew team on Wednesday.
An autopsy determined the body is that of Tripathi.
"The medical examiner has confirmed the identity of the young man who was found off India Point in Providence as 22-year-old Sunil Tripathi. That was confirmed this morning from forensic dental examination. At this time, the cause of death is pending further study and his family has been notified," Dara Chadwick, spokesperson for the Rhode Island Department of Health, said.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos