Gorilla Baby Gladys bonding with surrogate mother at Cincinnatti Zoo
July 1, 2013 (CINCINNATI) (WLS) -- There is an update on the baby gorilla named Gladys who was rejected by her mother days after birth.
She is now bonding with her new surrogate mother at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden.
Baby Gladys is five months old and has gotten cozy with her new gorilla surrogate.
Earlier, ten human surrogates prepared Gladys to be united with a new gorilla mom by wearing faux fur, feeding, grooming and carrying Gladys, all in the ways of the gorilla.
When she met her new mom, Gladys was a little tentative, but as she inched closer, her mom was quick to pick her up.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos