Suburban teacher raising money to reunite with missing dog
July 10, 2013 (ROUND LAKE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Lake County school teacher is trying to reunite with her beloved dog eight years after it was taken from her.
Round Lake teacher Sheryl Jans gave up her Boston Terrier "Koki" eight years ago when her ex-partner took the dog away.
Koki was recently found in a Hawaii pet shelter, though Jans isn't able to afford airfare to bring the dog home. Well-wishers have rallied around Jans' story, and have donated more than $3,400 to reunite the teacher with her beloved pet.
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling 7 min ago
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- NIU hazing death case in court
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- 1888 shipwreck pictures in SF Bay released
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos