Suburban teacher raising money to reunite with missing dog
July 10, 2013 (ROUND LAKE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Lake County school teacher is trying to reunite with her beloved dog eight years after it was taken from her.
Round Lake teacher Sheryl Jans gave up her Boston Terrier "Koki" eight years ago when her ex-partner took the dog away.
Koki was recently found in a Hawaii pet shelter, though Jans isn't able to afford airfare to bring the dog home. Well-wishers have rallied around Jans' story, and have donated more than $3,400 to reunite the teacher with her beloved pet.
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 21 min ago
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
45 min ago