Ohio tornado hits Ursuline College athletic center
July 22, 2013 (PEPPER PIKE, Ohio) (WLS) -- An Ohio tornado struck at Ursuline College over the weekend with 100 mph winds damaging the school's athletic center.
The tornado struck early on Saturday, July 20, 2013, ripping down the wall of the Obrien Campus Center at Ursuline College in Pepper Pike, Ohio. Parts of the roof are also gone.
"The blessing is that there was no loss of life or injury," Sister Diana Stano, president of the 1,500-student school about 13 miles east of Cleveland said on the college's website.
Just hours before the tornado struck, children had spent the night in the building's gym Thursday as part of a summer camp.
The campus will close while damage is assessed.
"We just became an NCAA division two school a week ago Friday. We got that word that we were accepted, and now we have no gym. I don't know, when I look around this devastation, looks like a tornado to me," Sr. Diana Stano, Ursuline College president, said.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain 18 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault 17 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member 49 min ago
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence 47 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing...
18 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
17 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
10 min ago