Ohio tornado hits Ursuline College athletic center
July 22, 2013 (PEPPER PIKE, Ohio) (WLS) -- An Ohio tornado struck at Ursuline College over the weekend with 100 mph winds damaging the school's athletic center.
The tornado struck early on Saturday, July 20, 2013, ripping down the wall of the Obrien Campus Center at Ursuline College in Pepper Pike, Ohio. Parts of the roof are also gone.
"The blessing is that there was no loss of life or injury," Sister Diana Stano, president of the 1,500-student school about 13 miles east of Cleveland said on the college's website.
Just hours before the tornado struck, children had spent the night in the building's gym Thursday as part of a summer camp.
The campus will close while damage is assessed.
"We just became an NCAA division two school a week ago Friday. We got that word that we were accepted, and now we have no gym. I don't know, when I look around this devastation, looks like a tornado to me," Sr. Diana Stano, Ursuline College president, said.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 12 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 2 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 34 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Signs of spring under blanket of snow
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying...
34 min ago
- Festival Fridays
37 min ago