Anthony Weiner video: Quitting not the way New Yorkers 'roll'
July 31, 2013 ( NEW YORK) (WLS) -- New York City mayoral hopeful Anthony Weiner has released a new campaign video saying he won't quit the race.
The 1 minute video was posted on his campaign's website Tuesday evening. Speaking directly into the camera, the former congressman addresses politicians and newspaper editors who have said he should quit.
He says they don't know New York or him.
"Quit isn't the way we roll in New York City. We fight through tough things. We are a tough city," Weiner said in the video.
Last week, Weiner acknowledged exchanging sexually explicit messages online after similar behavior spurred his resignation from Congress in 2011. He says in the video that when "embarrassing" things in a person's private life become public, the person should talk about it.
A new poll released Monday found Weiner's support fell from 26 percent last week to 16 percent.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report).
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77