School bus fight recorded by school bus video camera; Driver doesn't intervene
August 6, 2013 (GULFPORT, Florida) -- A school bus fight left a 13-year old with a broken arm and two black eyes in Gulfport, Florida, in Pinellas County. The school bus driver called dispatch, but did not try to stop the fight.
The school bus fight was all caught on camera. The victim was attacked by three 15-year olds as bus driver John Moody watched. Moody, now retired, told CNN he acted according to school policy.
"It's been policy that bus drivers do not jump into the middle of a fight. And, me jumping in the middle of that fight with three boys, it would have been more dangerous for the other students on the bus and for myself. It's just no telling what might have happened," Moody said.
The police chief in Gulfport, Florida, told a TV station that Moody had the opportunity to step in but did not. Prosecutors say they have no grounds on which to bring charges.
- Spring-like day followed by snow 47 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 3 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Photos: Semi overturns, dumps beads on Tri-State
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
36 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
47 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with...
3 min ago