Faulkner shooting suspect arrested after woman killed on campus
August 28, 2013 (MONTGOMERY, Ala.) -- Alabama authorities say they have a suspect in custody in a deadly shooting at Faulkner University.
It happened just before 12 p.m. Tuesday on the school's campus in Montgomery.
Officials say the victim died from her injuries. The suspect was later caught and is now jailed.
Investigators believe the suspect and victim are married and that the shooting is the result of a domestic situation.
The school went into lockdown mode during the incident but has now reopened.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos