Catonsville shooting: Police officer Jason Schneider dead, suspect wounded
August 28, 2013 (CATONSVILLE, Md.) (WLS) -- A Catonsville police officer was shot to death while serving a search warrant in Baltimore County, Maryland.
Police Officer Jason Schneider, 36, was shot several times. He was about to serve a search warrant when the suspect opened fire. Schneider returned the fire.
The offender was also injured and is hospitalized.
Schneider was a 13-year veteran of law enforcement, spending 10 years in a special tactical unit of the Baltimore County Police Department, where was the unit's leader.
"This is particularly hard. He was a great guy. Can you imagine what he did in 10 years of tactical?" Baltimore County Police Chief James Johnson said.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 29 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 59 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 3 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
29 min ago