Catonsville shooting: Police officer Jason Schneider dead, suspect wounded
August 28, 2013 (CATONSVILLE, Md.) (WLS) -- A Catonsville police officer was shot to death while serving a search warrant in Baltimore County, Maryland.
Police Officer Jason Schneider, 36, was shot several times. He was about to serve a search warrant when the suspect opened fire. Schneider returned the fire.
The offender was also injured and is hospitalized.
Schneider was a 13-year veteran of law enforcement, spending 10 years in a special tactical unit of the Baltimore County Police Department, where was the unit's leader.
"This is particularly hard. He was a great guy. Can you imagine what he did in 10 years of tactical?" Baltimore County Police Chief James Johnson said.
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
- Chicago fast-food workers protest low wages 12 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 14 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Richard Gillman gets 4 years in prison, 2 years of probation in... 37 min ago
- 2 sex assault attempts reported in Humboldt Park
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55 42 min ago
- Homeowner tied up during La Grange Park robbery 59 min ago
- 2 men charged with felony mail theft 5 min ago
- Uptown fire forces residents out of apartments 46 min ago
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- 2 men arrested on drug charges
- Chicago Bears visit Washington IL as tornado communities brace...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
14 min ago
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55
42 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos