Spring High School stabbing kills 1 near Houston, 3 hurt
September 4, 2013 (HOUSTON) -- Officials have confirmed one person is dead and three others were injured in a Wednesday stabbing at Spring High School.
The incident happened at the high school on Cypresswood at North Freeway at the beginning of the school day. Multiple people were stabbed. Life Flight transported at least one student to the hospital.
One victim stabbed in the abdomen was in critical condition at Memorial Hermann Hospital. A relative of the victim says the boy was fighting for his life, and asked for prayers for the teen and the community.
Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia says there are three persons of interest and they have all been taken into custody for questioning. There are no other suspects or persons of interest.
A confrontation at 7:10 a.m. led to a fight with cutting instruments. The weapons used are still being investigated.
All victims and persons of interest were students at Spring High School. The deceased victim has only been identified as being 17 years old. Sheriff Garcia said the stabbing could be gang related.
Spring ISD officials are now asking parents to wait at a nearby Conns parking lot, but official details on a release have not been announced. Traffic around the school is at a near standstill.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 37 min ago
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 To Go 12-19-13
42 min ago