AAA: $3 gas - or higher- average for 1,000 consecutive days
September 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- AAA says $3 gas or higher has been the average paid per gallon across the nation for more than 1,000 days. That's the longest stretch of high gas prices on record.
Wednesday's national average price for unleaded gasoline is $3.52, which is about 35-cents less than it was last year. However, that drop still isn't enough to bring gas prices down to $3 or below.
AAA says the nation has averaged $3 or higher for an unleaded gallon of gas every day since December 23, 2010.
In Illinois, the current average drivers will pay at the pump is $3.68, according to AAA.$3.628
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates