Biblical-era town Dalmanutha discovered near Sea of Galilee
September 18, 2013 (WLS) -- Archaeologists may have discovered a biblical-era town along the Sea of Galilee.
The ancient town is believed to be Dalmanutha and may have been described in the gospel of Mark.
According to scripture, Jesus sailed to this location after multiplying loaves of bread and fish to feed the hungry masses.
Researchers are linking this discovery to a 2,000-year-old boat found 27 years ago.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 29 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
27 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
29 min ago