Biblical-era town Dalmanutha discovered near Sea of Galilee
September 18, 2013 (WLS) -- Archaeologists may have discovered a biblical-era town along the Sea of Galilee.
The ancient town is believed to be Dalmanutha and may have been described in the gospel of Mark.
According to scripture, Jesus sailed to this location after multiplying loaves of bread and fish to feed the hungry masses.
Researchers are linking this discovery to a 2,000-year-old boat found 27 years ago.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother 46 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos