Suave lawsuit claims hair, scalp damage
October 17, 2013 (WLS) -- A do-it-yourself hair smoothing kit is named in a class action lawsuit by women who claim it seriously damaged their hair and scalp.
"Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30-Day Smoothing Kit," was supposed to transform frizzy hair.
But instead many women now claim it burned their scalp and destroyed their hair.
Suave recalled the product in May of last year.
The lawsuit claims the company did not do enough to warn customers to stop using it.
It also believes the kit was not formaldehyde-free as advertised.
"It has definitely affected my self-esteem, my ability to actually want to go places," said Darlene Johnson.
Unilever, the company that makes the kit, says the company takes the claims seriously, but cannot comment on ongoing litigation.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park 21 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos