Woman charters plane for Marine's dogs
October 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An heir to the Wrigley family fortune steps forward to help a Marine fly two dogs across the country.
Andrew Morales rescued Dusty and Wyatt while on a tour of duty in Afghanistan almost three years ago. After he was reassigned from his base in California to North Carolina, Morales found out that the dogs were too big for commercial planes landing at the airport at his new base.
Helen Rosburg, the great-granddaughter of William Wrigley, chartered a private jet to fly the dogs across the country. Morales says he hopes to thank Rosburg in person one day.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 47 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All