World's tallest dog Giant George dies
October 24, 2013 -- The world's tallest dog has died at the age of seven.
Giant George died last Thursday, one month before his eighth birthday, according to ABC News.
George measured 3'7" from paw to shoulder and was nearly seven feet long, officially earning him the Guinness Book of World Records' title of world's tallest dog.
The giant Great Dane's owners have donated a percentage of Giant George's merchandise to animal charities, giving more than $500 to a Japanese animal shelter after the 2011 tsunami.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 4 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 48 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds