Rodeo clown Casey Wagner struck by lightning twice in Texas
October 28, 2013 (WLS) -- Struck by lightning twice, Casey Wagner might be the luckiest man in the world. Or the unluckiest.
Wagner was at a racing event in Texas Saturday when the storms struck. He and his friends sought shelter under a tree.
"This is by far the closest to death I've ever been," the 31-year-old rodeo clown said. "What I remember is just loud boom and it dropped me to my knees and then right when I was going to my knees it hit me again. When I got hit it was just two big old flashes and then sparks went everywhere."
Wagner said he felt the electricity shoot up through his body.
"And then shot up through here and then went across my chest and came out about here. I had discoloration where it would have popped out," Wagner said.
Wagner was hospitalized. He lost feeling in his arm and leg for a while, but is expected to recover completely.
"I've got all the feeling back. It just feels like my whole body is waking up from. . . like if your arm falls asleep - that's how my whole body feels right about now," Wagner said.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 19 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 20 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77
17 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
19 min ago