Sesame Street characters to market fruits, veggies to kids
October 30, 2013 (WLS) -- Characters from Sesame Street are joining First Lady Michelle Obama's campaign to reduce childhood obesity.
Visit the grocery store and you may see Elmo, Big Bird and other characters making fruits and vegetables more appealing.
The nonprofit organization behind the popular children's educational program is allowing the produce industry to use the characters to market healthy foods.
At a recent White House summit on food marketing to children, Mrs. Obama urged companies and television broadcasters to do more to promote healthier foods to youngsters.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 6 min ago
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 14 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
14 min ago