Sesame Street characters to market fruits, veggies to kids
October 30, 2013 (WLS) -- Characters from Sesame Street are joining First Lady Michelle Obama's campaign to reduce childhood obesity.
Visit the grocery store and you may see Elmo, Big Bird and other characters making fruits and vegetables more appealing.
The nonprofit organization behind the popular children's educational program is allowing the produce industry to use the characters to market healthy foods.
At a recent White House summit on food marketing to children, Mrs. Obama urged companies and television broadcasters to do more to promote healthier foods to youngsters.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 45 min ago
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River 4 min ago
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible