Boy, 6, wanders onto stage, hugs Pope Francis
October 30, 2013 (WLS) -- You'd think it would be hard to upstage Pope Francis, but a six-year-old boy managed to do just that.
It happened during a celebration of family day at St. Peter's Square. The boy wandered onto the stage, hugged the pope's legs, admired the cross he was wearing and he even sat in the pope's chair.
The boy remained on stage for more than 20 minutes, despite efforts of a Vatican official to coax him away.
His parents say this was not planned-- it was something he did all on his own.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation