Boy, 6, wanders onto stage, hugs Pope Francis
October 30, 2013 (WLS) -- You'd think it would be hard to upstage Pope Francis, but a six-year-old boy managed to do just that.
It happened during a celebration of family day at St. Peter's Square. The boy wandered onto the stage, hugged the pope's legs, admired the cross he was wearing and he even sat in the pope's chair.
The boy remained on stage for more than 20 minutes, despite efforts of a Vatican official to coax him away.
His parents say this was not planned-- it was something he did all on his own.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids 57 min ago
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody... 49 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand