'Black Beauty' meteorite from Mars?
Black Beauty, a meteorite found in northern African, may be from Mars, scientists say.
The stone Black Beauty is about four and a half billion years old and has 10 to 30 times more water in it than any other Martian meteorite that's been found.
Scientists believe the meteorite formed during Mars' first 100 million years of existence. Researchers said it's a good place to start looking for evidence of past life on the Red Planet.
Information on Black Beauty is written on Florida State University Journal Nature Space.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap