'Black Beauty' meteorite from Mars?
Black Beauty, a meteorite found in northern African, may be from Mars, scientists say.
The stone Black Beauty is about four and a half billion years old and has 10 to 30 times more water in it than any other Martian meteorite that's been found.
Scientists believe the meteorite formed during Mars' first 100 million years of existence. Researchers said it's a good place to start looking for evidence of past life on the Red Planet.
Information on Black Beauty is written on Florida State University Journal Nature Space.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home