Mega Millions jackpot at $205M before winning numbers drawing
November 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- The Mega Millions jackpot stands at $205 million for Tuesday night's drawing.
The winning numbers from Friday's drawing were: 17 - 23 - 35 - 36 - 44 and the Mega Ball was 8. While no one won Friday night's jackpot, more than 102,000 Illinoisans won prizes ranging from $15,000 to $3.
Last month, Mega Millions was revamped to include larger, faster growing jackpots; second-place prizes of at least $1 million and better odds of winning smaller cash prizes. The game retained its $1 ticket price, as well as the optional Megaplier (costs an extra $1) that multiplies non-jackpot prizes by up to five.
QUICK MEGA MILLIONS FACTS
Current jackpot is $205 million with a cash option of $110 million; after withholding: $77 million
Overall odds of winning the jackpot 1:258,890,850
Mega Millions is a multi-state lottery game played in 42 states plus the District of Columbia and the U. S. Virgin Islands for a total of 44 jurisdictions
Mega Millions jackpots start at $15 million
Drawings are held Tuesdays and Fridays at 10 p.m. CST
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 5 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 30 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing 53 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 58 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55 50 min ago
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand